Email and social media make a great team according to DJ Waldow of Waldow Social.
According to Waldow, including and promoting social sharing or share with your network options in an email are important for a few reasons:
- They extend the reach of your emails: The more people share your email, the more potential you have for opens, clicks and conversions.
- They allow you to identify key influencers: Most email service providers (ESPs) include metrics on who has shared your emails the most often, as well as the effect their sharing has had on other key stats (opens, clicks, conversions, etc.). Armed with this data, you—the marketer—can be better informed as to who your key influencers are. If appropriate, you can then send dedicated campaigns to your biggest supporters.
- They provide an opportunity for list growth: The more eyeballs on your emails, the better chance you have of gaining new subscribers.
- Waldow also believes that including and promoting social connection(s) options in an email are important for a few reasons:
- They provide another platform to connect with your audience. Each platform—email, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, a blog, etc.—enables you to communicate and interact with people in different ways.
- They give email subscribers more options: It’s possible that your email subscribers prefer to engage with your company or brand on different channels. While email is great, it’s not the only option.
- They allow you to expand the reach of your message.
Waldow suggests several ways to capitalize on the synergies between email and social. For a list of his six top tips, stop by the MMS exhibit (Booth 16) today at the ePharma Summit.